Here at Warby Parker, we’re searching for a top-notch Software Engineer to join our 60+ person in-house Engineering team and help build the technology that powers the Warby Parker retail experience. In this role, you'll support the development of back-end features for our tools and systems, including our custom-built point-of-sale system. (This system is tailored to make our shopping experience as easy as can be for both our employees and customers alike. We call it Point of Everything, or P.O.E. for short.) If you're a motivated full-stack software engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Build new features on top of our existing tools and systems to help create and improve upon an amazing omnichannel experience for our customers and employees
- Own the design, development, and deployment of back-end features for our retail technology systems
- Work with others across the company, including the Retail, E-commerce, and Development teams, to promote and integrate new technologies and reusable components into their workflow
Who you are:
- Equipped with 3+ years of experience in full-stack software development
- Experienced building with Python, PostgreSQL, and RESTful APIs
- A clear, friendly, and open-minded communicator (over email, in person, via carrier pigeon!)
- Excited to collaborate with others across the Warby Parker technology ecosystem
- Creative and empathetic, especially when it comes to design and development
- Passionate about building features from concept to deployment
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Proficiency in client-side technologies such as React/Redux and TypeScript
- Experience building applications for iOS or Android
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)