Are you a Software Engineer looking for something more? Northrop Grumman might just be the place for you. It is much more than a job; it is a career supporting America's interests here in the US and abroad. We are dedicated to supporting the mission and protecting our warfighters.
We rise. We unite. We continually push the boundaries of what disruptive technology can do. Forging our own path, we set a trajectory that is unmatched and uncharted. Status quo didn't get us here. A never-ending legacy of breaking
through barriers did. We raise the bar with our unique ability to seamlessly integrate software and hardware. Resulting in better solutions instead of just products. All so we can give our customers around the world a decisive advantage when it matters most. It's our determination and dedication that are defining what our company can do. Together we are elevating the mission. Together we are reaching new heights.
We as a company are committed to our core values: taking responsibility for the quality we put forth, delivering customer satisfaction, and demonstrating leadership as a company and as individuals, acting with integrity in all we do, valuing our people, and regarding our suppliers as essential team members.
Are you interested in joining the team of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems (NGMS) Sector which is a leading global provider of secure software-defined mission systems with over 27,700 employees around the globe? If so, we are seeking a new member of our Software & Digital Technologies team. Our Software Engineers work in collaborative, team-based environments to design, develop, and assure high-performing software systems. You will have the opportunity to be a flexible self-starter, working to create solutions that keep our armed services safe and battle-ready around the world. We encourage innovation and forward thinking and expect our developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mid-level software engineer with interest and aptitude in large complex missile defense software systems.
- The Northrop Grumman Ground-Midcourse Defense (GMD) GMD Fire Control (GFC) team is in need of a software development and integrations engineer to join our Huntsville Mission Infrastructure software team.
- This role entails software development, design, and integration responsibilities in the agile / scrum team framework.
- Qualified candidates will perform software development, software compilation, and software architecture tasks via the agile / scrum process.
your next career move and wanting an organization where you have freedom to innovate, grow and fully leverage your recruiting acumen, then apply today!
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
1NGSPACE Basic Qualifications:
This requisition may be filled as either a Software Engineer or a Principal Software Engineer.
- BQs for a Software Engineer are 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science,Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- BQs for a Principal Software Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science,Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, or Ada. Ada language experience, Ada core compiler experience,
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
- Complex software integration and compilation experience
- DoD / Aerospace defense contract program experience
- AIX Operating system experience
- RHEL operating system experience
- Variable message format (VMF) interface experience.
- Software compilation and linking experience (on various operating systems)
- Software communication layer design and architecture experience
- SW message and interface design and development experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.