? At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Engineer Software / Principal Engineer Software. The ideal candidate will be joining a highly motivated and focused agile software development team. This position is located in Bellevue, NE at the 557th Weather Wing on Offutt AFB.
Key responsibilities include:
Responsible for the coding, deployment, maintenance, optimization and documentation of software applications in a multi-tier, distrusted, browser-based enterprise computer
Understand SOA concepts and patterns
Perform unit testing to ensure the quality of code produced
Research and fact finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
Participates in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support
Collaborates with other developers and product analysts effectively
Works well in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or STEM related field and 2 years of work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or STEM related field and 5 years of work experience
* U.S. Citizenship
* DoD Secret or Interim security clearance
* Software analysis and design experience
* Demonstrates leadership skills
* Experience with Java, Python, C# or C++
* Experience in Application Server development (Weblogic, Glassfish, etc.)
* Current DoD Secret security clearance.
* EJB or servlets experience
* Application development using Weblogic/Glassfish
* SQL (MySQL, Oracle) experience
* JUnit Unix-based experience
* Shell scripting (bash, ksh) experience
* Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye Crucible, etc.)
* Experience with Jenkins continuous integration tool, Mercurial distributed version control system, and Maven
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.