Veritude is hiring for a Software Engineer with Python and Dev Ops experience at Fidelity Investments in Westlake, TX
We are seeking an Engineer to support IT operations and activities. We are looking for a strong Engineer with a can do attitude that can help automation, monitoring and instrumentation efforts. The technologies used are industry leading and the working environment is exciting. The successful candidate will have the opportunity every day to play a role in execution of critical initiatives, projects and support before the team. The individual will also have the opportunity every day to collaborate with world-class engineers from around the globe and to interact with senior management for communication and consultation purposes.
The primary responsibility of the team is the operational stability and availability of the applications that customer facing associates use to do their job. The team’s goal is to deliver agreed levels of service to users and customers and to provide the best associate experience possible.
- Champion automation efforts.
- Focus on improvements in instrumentation, logging and monitoring.
- Move current application infrastructure towards DevOps model and cloud.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and instrumentation capabilities for existing suite of applications.
- Establish plan for continuous improvement regarding stability and availability.
- Partner with Tech Lead on opportunities for Technical improvements for monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Metrics and reporting around various areas including, but not limited to, application performance & monitoring, incident and problem management, etc.
- Expected to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong sense of ownership for the health of the applications and level of partnership with the business.
- Coordinate and encourage the adoption of new tools and process within the team.
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify dependencies, coordinate activity and resolve problems.
- Document and review implementation plans, support procedures and environment configurations.
- Respond to varied needs of management and stakeholders
Education and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Python scripting and automation practices
- Experience managing environment stability and availability.
- Production support experience with financial systems a plus.
- Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Experience in workflow design, data analysis and requirements identification/specification.
- Demonstrated original and abstract thinking.
- Experience with software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Microsoft Office skills--Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study
- Experience with Dev Ops and Cloud based technology is a plus
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship management and facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical and/or project management skills required.
- Ability to provide 24x7 support for the production environments.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of financial services industry a plus.