Galaxy i Technologies, Inc is a global consulting and IT services company that is known for its commitment to client satisfaction. Galaxy i Technologies is an information technology firm offering IT Consulting, Staff Augmentation, Software Development & Training and E-commerce Development. We work for Fortune clients and now we have an immediate opening for Software Engineer position in NYC, NY.
Long term opportunity, Please send resumes ASAP.
Software Engineer (Release and Configuration Engineer)
Location: NYC, NY
Duration: Initial 12+ Months with possibility of extensions
- Building/deploying baselines to test and production environments, tracking system change requests, maintaining the configuration management system, performing configuration status audits, identifying and reporting configuration status issues, and working with the team to resolve configuration management issues.
- Experience execution of all release activities[pre/actual execution/post] including issues/resolutions documentation and formal communications/escalations
- Experience setting up a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Experience using the Atlassian toolset (Bamboo, Jira, confluence).
- Experience working with source code repositories (i.e. GIT, Bitbucket).
- Experience in Migrating from one tool to another (like TFS to Bitbucket or Jenkins to Bamboo).
- Programming skills in Perl, Python, and/or shell scripting.
- Conducting release readiness reviews and business go/no-go reviews with project teams and customers.
- Implement migration strategies, support high availability, scalability, backup and restore in the cloud as well as on premises.
- Experience with make, ANT, and Eclipse development platform.
- Installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure and setting up security policies including user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Experience setting up/maintaining automated build system.
- UNIX scripting, Mercurial, Subversion, SQL, Python, Perl, Maven, Java and J2EE experience is a plus.
- Analyzing and resolving faults, ranging from a major system crash to system compliance issues including root cause analysis.
- Executing configuration status audits, analyzing the results, and working with team member to resolve discrepancies.
- This position requires strong interpersonal skills in working with the customer, project manager and other technical team members in a 'self starter' role.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field required.
Please send resumes to Santhan or Pradeep. Santhan@galaxyitech.com