LOCATION: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
ABOUT Float Left:
Float Left Interactive provides TV application solutions for media companies looking to expand their digital presence. We build applications on the leading Internet-connected devices, such as SmartTV’s, Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, mobile phones, tablets, and gaming consoles. We then work with our clients to help them monetize, collect and analyze critical data and make better decisions when managing their new services. We work with the biggest media brands in the world!
We are looking for a Software Engineer that will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications for Roku. Your primary focus will be the development of applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Brightscript code
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Provide detailed estimates of work and ensure timely delivery of features.
- Produce and ensure delivery of quality, readable, and well-tested code.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and its principles that includes encapsulation and abstractions
- Familiarity with Roku SDK (will train)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Roku applications to back-end services
- Bonus: Strong knowledge of TV UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around tv remote input user interfaces
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Bonus: Understanding of Roku design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Bonus: Familiarity with continuous integration
- Effective communication and the ability to work with a team
- Attention to detail, time management, and self-planning
- The ability to learn new things, try new technology, and seek opportunities to grow and mentor.
- Unlimited creative freedom
- Work on application solutions servicing millions of passionate users around the world
- Work on a team with energetic, passionate people
- Unlimited potential for growth
- Flexible office hours, work from home a couple days a week
iMedia Brands dba Float Left is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, or other protected characteristics as defined by state, federal, or local law.
The individual in this role must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. In the event that an applicant or employee wishes to seek a reasonable accommodation, please contact iMedia’s Human Resources department for further direction.
This job description is intended to convey the general nature and scope of the position and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed, and iMedia management reserves the right to amend the duties and responsibilities of this role at any time to meet business needs.