|Reference # :||19-06864||Title :||Software Engineer|
|Location :||San Jose, CA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/10/2019 / 12/31/2019|
H-1's/Subcontractors/OPT's will not be considered
This position will be in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), part of Analytical Instrument Group . The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of organizational Information Architecture around the scientific and business capabilities services. Information Architecture is an enabler for connected instruments and advanced analytics – all driving an information ecosystem.
• An active contributor to architectural definition and collaboration across CMD business units, to develop a common framework in how the instruments and client services interact and connect
• As a key member of the development team responsible for delivery of the framework including information architecture and relevant middleware
• Active role in the proof of concept development to establish technical and business feasibility.
• Enable meaningful communications between devices using contemporary semantic methodologies, domain taxonomies, and ontologies
• Evangelizes and drive technical and architectural migration to the framework. Desired Qualifications:
• Strong recent hands-on design and development experience with knowledge management platforms
• Share business and technical learning with the broader engineering and product organization, while adapting approach for different audiences
• Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
• Some exposure to laboratory instruments such as Mass Spectrometer, Chromatography, LIMS or other scientific data analysis software is highly desired but not required
• Hands-on experience with W3C semantic web technologies such as RDF, SPARQL, SHAQL.
• M.S or B.S in Physics, Computer Science, or Software Engineering or related fields preferred.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
• Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with technical and executive audiences
• Knowledge engineering experience around developing and growing a self-sustaining information architecture
• Highly motivated, self-confident with a collaborative working style that fosters participation and contribution by others
• Strong interpersonal skills
• 3+ years of relevant work experience.
• Ability to travel