Alnylam is the industry leader in the translation of RNA interference (RNAi) into a new class of innovative medicines with the potential to address the unmet needs of patients with debilitating diseases. Founded in 2002, Alnylam was built upon a bold vision of turning scientific possibility into reality, and is now advancing a robust pipeline of investigational RNAi therapeutic medicines, including five programs in late-stage development. In 2018, Alnylam received approval for our first product, the first-ever RNAi therapeutic, by the FDA in the U.S. for the treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis in adults and by the European Medicines Agency in the EU for the treatment of hATTR amyloidosis in adults with stage 1 or stage 2 polyneuropathy. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam employs over 1,200 people in 18 countries and is rapidly growing globally, with additional offices in Norton, Mass., Maidenhead, U.K., Zug, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Tokyo, Japan. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work four years in a row (2015-2018) and a Great Place to Work in the U.K. and Switzerland in 2019. Please visit www.alnylam.com for more information.
The Bioinformatics group is looking for a Software Engineer to develop, maintain and support web applications and tools utilized by Research and other groups. We look to create in house expertise for the migration of our applications to the cloud, the improvement of our dev-ops approach to application deployment, and the build out of a robust test infrastructure. In addition to helping us meet our technical challenges, this position also provides broad and explicit opportunities for technical leadership and project ownership/management.
- Lead user requirement discussions and proactively propose solutions with new or enhanced applications/tools
- Provides technical leadership as a mentor to software engineers and co-ops
- Takes ownership of projects to manage resources, features and timelines while balancing tradeoffs
- Improve our ability to drive team-centric development, debugging and testing of software based on requirements and technical discussions
- Troubleshoot problems and issues reported by users and develop bug fixes/patches
- Develop documentation standards as needed for new features and applications.
- Further improve our well-established code development practices, including code commentary, source code control, code reviews, unit test development and modularized design for ease of maintenance
- Install or update applications/tools as new releases are available for deployment
- Assist in testing others code to improve quality and familiarity with other applications
- Participate in scrum planning and daily stand up meetings
- 4 - 10 years software development experience
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience as technical leader with strategic influence
- AWS and Docker experience preferred
- Strong customer skills
- Experience managing software development projects/teams
- Full stack development experience, i.e., proficient in front end and back end development
- Flask framework
- Experienced troubleshooting Linux server-side issues
- MySql – TSql, transactions, stored procedures
- Ability and interest to learn new languages and technologies
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.