Software Support Engineer
The Software Support Engineer provides customers with technical product support for company’s Applications. The position is responsible and accountable for the creation, tracking and resolution of change requests & production/test issues from customers while meeting response and resolution service level objectives. Answers technical support queries and implements fixes for application problems. Troubleshoots customer issues as well as providing code changes and testing changes/fixes to resolve customer issues. Creates and maintains documentation for supported applications. Coordinates with customers to resolve technical support issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible and accountable for providing technical support to our contracted maintenance support customers.
* Detailed knowledge with assigned customers and their environment by reading the design documents and reviewing the code.
* Build strong relationships with customers.
* Meet resolution service level objectives for severity 1, 2, 3 and 4 issues with customer issues and ensure up-to-date details on each open case.
* Ensure peak production performance by performing research and initiating actions to improve results and/or problem correction if not meeting expected results.
* Provide the technical expertise, system knowledge, and applicable code updates to support production & test efforts as it relates to customer problems, issues and concerns.
* Generate reports, files, and documentation to manage open customer issues and to meet contractual SLA requirements.
* Engage / drive Product Development to resolve customer problems, issues, and concerns that require core code changes.
* Ensure customers have the most current software releases/updates. Install the new releases in a VM environment, conduct reviews of code release notes to evaluate potential problems, and do thorough testing before providing code and technical guidance to customers.
* Share knowledge and best practices with other company personnel.
* Participate on a rotating *on call* schedule that provides system support on a 24 X 7 basis, 365 days/year for customers contracted for after hours support.
* This position may include 2nd shift work on a permanent or temporary basis.
* Technical Requirements
o BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
o 3 - 5 years relevant professional experience in the areas of application support, technical customer support, problem management, relational databases, programming languages, software development.
o 3 * 5 years experience with C#/.NET coding o 3 * 5 years Software Engineering experience
o Strong troubleshooting and error analysis skills o Working knowledge of database environment, utilities and SQL
o Familiarity and execution of testing methods
o Solid understanding of software development lifecycle
* Required Interpersonal Skills
o Exceptional customer service skills and demeanor, along with the innovative ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical clients.
o Excellent analytical, multitasking, and communication skills (both verbal and written), detail orientation and familiarity with testing and troubleshooting techniques.
o Good interpersonal skills
o Good control and follow-up skills
o Good decision making skills
o Proactive Listening o Strong leadership skills
o The ability to excel in a team environment is essential under limited supervision.
o Ability to travel up to 10%
* Required Project Management Skills:
o Strong prioritization skills in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
o Demonstrated accountability for resolution of issues
o Ability to lead small projects with guidance
o Identification of tasks and associated hours o Ability to communicate status updates to management.
Working Conditions: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to be utilized as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.