The Software Engineer will report directly to and work with the VP, IT Development and shall be responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of solutions for the advancement of Arbor’s technology strategies, with the goals of minimizing complexity in the technical environment and driving the acceleration of the delivery of critical business capabilities at an enterprise level.
The Software Engineer will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Design, develop, implement and support innovative solutions in alignment with Arbor’s technology roadmap and corporate objectives.
- Gather, analyze and document the solution requirements. Translate requirements into innovative solution designs.
- Work with other team members to ensure that all solution designs, models and implementation plans are in alignment with enterprise architectures and other applicable standards.
- Work in accordance with defined project management (PMLC) and systems/software development life cycle (SDLC) phases to deliver required documentation and artifacts.
- Collaborates with other technology team members to gain knowledge and best practice guidance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Arbor business and technical staff, key points of contact and leadership.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related engineering degree required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing, developing and implementing software solutions.
- Experience with scripting languages, RESTful web services, XML/JSON, PowerShell.
- Experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or other database technologies.
- Experience in software engineering and systems integration using Systems/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of and experience with modern web development tools and techniques
- Understanding of Cloud and Platform Services such as Amazon Web Services, MS Azure, Office365, Oracle Cloud.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical teams and business partners in both written and verbal forms.
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships within the team and across the organization.
Travel: Approximately 5%