Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Location: Columbia, MD
Job Code: ES20192503-30646
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
Harris Corporation is seeking a self-motivated engineer to join our software engineering team to deliver mission critical solutions for a variety of customers at our Columbia, MD location.
- Perform software development for embedded systems in C and C++.
- Support development efforts thru proposals and research efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Embedded software development using C and C++.
- At least 2 years of experience with a variety of processors such as 8051, X86, and ARM.
- Working experience with software development processes and related tools.
- Working experience with serial bus communications such as CAN, SPI, I2C, UART.
- Experience with packet based communication such as TCP and UDP.
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Assembly language development experience.
- Reverse engineering experience using tools such as IDA Pro.
- Experience with software test and integration and use of static code analysis tools
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen, able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance and meet stringent customer driven security screening requirements
Clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement
Job Category: Engineering
Location: USA - MD - Columbia
Activation Date: Monday, March 25, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 26, 2020