At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Warner Robins Air Force Base GA.
The Software Engineer will support an operational program environment by developing new capabilities, testing, troubleshooting, resolving problems/anomalies, and supporting real-time database environments including Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) portals. You will be working with the Joint STARS Integrated Maintenance Information System (JIMIS). You will work closely with the USAF, Government Engineers and the Northrop Grumman Center of Excellence.
- Responsibilities will include all facets of the software design, development, and integration life cycle for software and database changes identified by program personnel especially as it pertains to E8 aircraft.
- This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for anew software support capabilities, software, COTS/GOTS integration, implementation of software using Java, scripts, Oracle applications, and other programming tools to include System Administrator (SA) assistance.
- There is opportunity to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively evolve system requirements.
- This is a position in which one has the opportunity to work with an operational customer facility in a dynamic environment where one can directly impact mission success.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to take ownership of an ambiguous hard problems and drive to a solution, while working in a team environment.
- It is critical that you understand the software development life cycle and have an in-depth knowledge of automated testing to facilitate and analyze large data sets.
- Must have experience in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance with the ability to apply technical expertise in solving complex integration problems.
- Therefore excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2+ years of software engineeringexperience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience developing software/writing code inC/C++, Java or other OOP languages and/or scripts in Bash or similar
- Must hold at minimum a DoD Interim Secret to start, with the ability to obtain and maintain a full Secret levelclearance
- User Interface, process control, algorithms, and/or relational database management applications.
- Development with Oracle, and PL/SQL
- Configuration Management and the ability to create install packages and deployment techniques.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.