Country:United States of America
Location:HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Mission Software Systems team seeks an innovative Software Engineer to work on software development for the aerospace and defense industry. You will be a member of the SASS team, which is responsible for systems that process mission information for strategic aircraft. The position is focused on the design and development of GUI software to be executed on a server-based system utilizing virtual machines and a variety of operating systems. The successful candidate will be an energetic and positive-thinking individual who is able to function effectively in an Agile team environment.
You will be responsible for performing software development tasks under direct supervision. Software tasks will include: designing and implementing software, integrating software on target platforms, and peer reviewing software and systems artifacts. We are focused on hiring a team player with genuine curiosity and dedication to support our military customers.
A successful candidate will possess:
- 1+ years developing in Java with familiarity of object oriented design.
- Familiarity with the use of Git in revision control and source code management.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical reasoning capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical issues, risks, and status in both written and oral form.
- Strong collaboration skills that facilitate effective communication with teammates, including both Systems and Software engineers, in order to make sound engineering decisions.
- Positive attitude that is adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Programming languages: Java
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Understanding of Design-Driven Development and Test-Driven Development
- Understanding of Virtual Machines (VM)
Applicant must be able to qualify for a security clearance with the U.S. Government.
U.S. citizenship is required.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms