Title: Principal Software Engineer
Job Location: Fort Hood, Texas
Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer supporting the U. S. Army Operational Test Command (USAOTC). The USAOTC mission is to provide systems engineering expertise, software support programs, operations and integration support, execution centers support, event support, analytical support and studies, and special event support for operational tests events, Modeling Simulation and Instrumentation (MS&I) conducted by the U. S. Army Operational Test Command (USAOTC), Army Futures Command (AFC), and other Government organizations.
The USAOTC plans for conducts, and reports on operational tests, experiments, and assessments of Army materiel and information mission area systems that provide information for the acquisition and fielding of war fighting systems. The mission includes planning and conducting multi-service tests, reporting on system capabilities and limitations, operational effectiveness, and suitability. This mission requires planning and conducting force development tests in support of the Army combat development process, performing field experiments, evaluating technology demonstrations in support of the technology base, and supporting the Army's digitization efforts. USAOTC supports the Army materiel acquisition process by managing the user testing program and conducting operational testing to support continuous comprehensive evaluation.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Lead the overall software engineering program for this effort
- Provide stimulations, simulations, emulations, interfaces, data reduction tools, data visualization tools, write software and firmware, and operate Government provided computers as required for this project\
- Provide software development systems, engineering services, and integration support for instrumentation, modeling, simulation, data collection, data reduction, data analysis, and technology tool enhancement
- Lead the software engineering efforts to assist and provide support with all Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) activities
- Assist and provide direct support for software code analysis, test plan development, and documentation
- Lead with the overall software engineering support in planning for the use of new and existing technology and related methodologies.
- Develop and analyze software code/interfaces in order to identify interface issues or integration discrepancies residing with the current software code, documentation, and/or actual system performance
- Assist with test, evaluation, and demonstration of technical system and software operational capabilities
- Recommend battle command, mission command, and network integration hardware and software changes needed to stay compatible with fielded tactical systems and provide appropriate Systems of Systems (SoS) environments
- Provide direct software development and documentation support for new and existing systems, data processing systems, data visualization systems, communication systems, network systems, data collection systems, and IT support systems
- Top-Secret Security Clearance
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years with military systems and five (5) years’ experience in leading teams throughout the software development process.
- Travel to Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Fort Sill, Oklahoma, Fort Huachuca, Arizona, and Fort Bliss Texas may also be required
- Availability of positions is contingent upon contract award
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans