Software Engineering Manager - Automation Team
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented Software Engineering Manager to lead our Automation Team. This individual will lead the team of engineers who provide tools and services used internally by our product teams, including the creation and maintenance of testing and product delivery frameworks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of software engineers and provide day-to-day technical guidance to team members on development activities
- Coach and mentor individual contributors on their personal and professional growth
- Advance teamwork by building healthy team relationships
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools
- Provide technical leadership for innovative, reliable, and maintainable software solutions
- Collaborate with product teams to identify opportunities for new automation and tools to streamline the software integration and deployment process
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6 years of Software Development experience
- 2 years of team management or tech lead experience with a track record of effectively leading project teams
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Passion of bolstering people, processes, and technologies and the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Proven development experience with C# or other object-oriented languages
- Working experience with CI/CD tools – such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins or TeamCity
- Development experience on cloud platforms – Azure, AWS, or similar
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience implementing software engineering best practices within a team
- A team builder and a team player who is open-minded with a listen-first mindset
Office Hours & Travel:
Full-time, Monday-Friday; Limited travel
MiTek is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, our organizations do not allow discrimination in their hiring/employment decisions based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace