Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Kasondra Davis
Sponsorship Available: Yes
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
About the Position
Goodyear is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our Innovation Lab in San Francisco. As part of Goodyear’s innovation network, the San Francisco Innovation has a mission to connect with automakers, suppliers and mobility-related startups to build better products and data-driven service models for fleets, autonomous vehicles and other mobility applications.
The Engineering Manager will lead the team of software engineers, data engineers, data scientists, and QA engineers to develop digital products to support the development of new business models in the evolving mobility ecosystem. This role will play a key part in the scaling of software products and services, and be responsible for the growth of the software development team to meet the needs as the product scales.
- Hands-on technical management, guidance, and support for the software engineering team, including system design, code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems built by the team.
- Perform managerial activities such as hiring decisions, interviewing, on-boarding, mentoring, execution of performance management process, associate development, recognition plans, performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions, communicate and enforce policies & procedures.
- Prioritize work for the software engineering development team, making tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on a routine basis to gain alignment.
- Develop a team culture aligned to the Goodyear and San Francisco Innovation Lab values.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Similar required
- Master’s in Science / Engineering or Equivalent desired
- Required: 8 years software product development
- Preferred: Successfully demonstrated a minimum of 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management working with both internal and external contributors
Abilities and Skills
- Proficient in multiple programing languages and proven ability to learn new languages, frameworks, & technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead new software product development within an agile / scrum organization,
- Broad knowledge in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Ability to communicate to senior leadership in the corporation
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment:Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Manager, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Management