The ideal candidate will work within a team that demands technical excellence, whose members are expected to hold each other accountable for the overall success of the end product. Focus for this team is on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems, but also with a mind to drive simplicity in refining and supporting of the solution by others. This is not a group that deals with technology from a distance – everyone is expected to roll up their sleeves and get to work on implementation. The candidate must have the love for learning as technology is constantly evolving so that they could provide direction to use the right technology at the right time.
This position will lead a team of software engineers who currently support Cyber, Privacy and Risk initiatives that will improve the security position of the Enterprise globally. Provide technical leadership in terms of architecting applications, mentoring developers and making smart technology decisions.
Candidate should have
- A passion for healthcare and the potential for technology to improve peoples' lives
- The aptitude to deliver enterprise or customer-facing applications in a variety of scenarios
- Experience in helping distilling complex ideas into an architectural and implementation plan, and then proving it out
- The ability to critically evaluate the trade-offs and implementation impacts of emerging vs. more established technologies
- An interest in working with – and presenting to – internal stakeholders and Senior Leaders across the enterprise
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of software engineers and provide technical leadership in terms of architecting applications, mentoring developers, making smart technology decisions
- Perform complex application design in the latest techniques and technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, Python, AWS, Machine learning.
- Apply expertise and research designs with subject matter experts to devise requirements, design specifications, and usage criteria for Big Data solutions.
- Provide oversight, direction and mentoring to ensure adherence to business direction, architectural strategies, and enterprise technology standards.
- Has prior experience managing software engineers – you will manage a team of approximately 5+ software engineers.
- 4+ years of big data experience with different languages and strong programming skills - C++, Java, Python, Scala along with ability to pick up new languages - past demonstrable programming work.
- 4+ years implementing Big Data solutions – Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, Oozie, Mapreduce, Apache Spark etc. Experience in stream data, such as Kafka, desired.
- At least 4 years of software development experience deploying enterprise applications
- At least 2 years of experience with Build and Deployment automation (CI/CD)
- Experience with technologies like Github, Jenkins, Docker etc.
- Working knowledge of Cloud services (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Collaborate with business, IT partners and developers to find the best solution possible.
- Expertise in designing business intelligence systems, dashboard reporting, and analytical reporting is also a plus.
- Knowledge around machine learning a plus
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.