Software Principal Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Principal Engineer on our Consumer Engineering team in Austin, TX.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Work with external partners and internal Dell technology, marketing and engineering teams to define and architect solutions related to Digital Delivery, Web Services, and Consumer Solutions
- Identify and work with software and hardware partners to assess cloud technologies and roadmaps for inclusion in future solutions
- Be the technical expert and resource for the overall cloud solutions, data management and/or analytics
- Perform analysis and design for medium-sized to large or complex development and maintenance projects
- Possess and apply advanced knowledge of technology principles, best practices, and procedures to the completion of complex software development assignments
- Develop complex code and configuration data using secure coding practices
- Ensure that all code, configuration data, and system documentation is accurate, complete, understandable, and adheres to company standards
- Address security vulnerabilities by using tools to assure security, analyze outputs, and recommend corrective actions
- Extensive experience working with IaaS and PaaS systems (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services etc.)
- Deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as SQL, TSQL, MongoDB etc.
- A clear understanding of cloud services and deployment models
- Experience working on or leading agile development teams (ideally leveraging Scrum or Kanban). A software development or DevOps automation background is a big plus
- Experience working on a team delivering a customer facing product
- BSCS, BSEE, BSCE and 10+ years of relevant experience or MSCS, MSEE, MSCE and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity, and other Continuous Integration tools
- Understanding the git source control system like GitHub, Stash, Bit Bucket, etc.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and product development lifecycle
- Exposure to frameworks and patterns such as MVC/MVVM/MVP, WCF, WPF, Service Bus, MSMQ, Python, PowerShell is a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 31 October 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.