Software Principal Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Principal Engineer on our software application development team in Austin, TX.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Assist in development of feature definition and product scoping
- Development of high level and low level designs for solutions
- Providing technical leadership to product engineering teams including contributing to product development
- Cross-organization engagement to develop integrated, differentiated solutions
- Software Development Engineer and Test (SDET)
- Low level programming in C# (C++ preferable as well)
- GUI development (XAML, WPF, etc.)
- Industry initiatives such as DASH, TruManage, and vPro
- PC Imaging technologies
- Industry leading console solutions such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- SW Design Principles
- Leading a SW development team
- Using standard software development tools such as IDE and Command Line Development Environments, Issue Tracking, Source Control, and Automated Build Scripts
- Systems Management for Windows Operating systems including Group Policy, Active Directory, etc.
- COM, WMI programming
- UEFI / BIOS
- Agile SW Development Methodology
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 20 July 2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.