Contribute to a safer, secure and more sustainable World!
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The Software Product Manager is a passionate product marketing professional with a proven ability to provide a guiding vision for assigned software platforms and products while working with cross-functional teams to launch commercially successful products that drive value for our customers. The ideal candidate will have hands-on management experience successfully working cross-functionally with development, marketing and sales teams in an Agile environment.
- Manages the performance of direct or indirect reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements "
- Develop, champion and execute a long term product and integration strategy that ensures profitable growth that meets the company’s long term goals.
- Lead team of product owners, product managers and product analysts to assess product mix, evaluate market share, conduct competitive analysis, and identify new products and new product pipeline.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, metrics and measures as well as monitor and evaluate results.
- Evaluate, advocate for and set key program priorities in line with the business objectives of the organization.
- Define pricing & competitive positioning leveraging the product line/division’s key value principles and differentiators and reflecting industry and/or geographic variations.
- Implement market research strategies that collect customer requirements, segmented when necessary by industry and/or geographical region, and analyze competitive strategies.
- Recommend new products for development based on market needs and business goals.
- Implement the tools and processes needed to define the go to market strategy and vision for our solutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in Product Management by continuously examining internal processes and identifying and executing on opportunities to streamline and create efficiencies.
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and fun while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our product management organization.
- Work with new and potential customers to understand their needs and the business value that they will derive from using our platform.
- Participate in industry conventions, forums, and events. Present and/or participate in panels, forums and other speaking opportunities in addition to submitting and presenting technical papers to demonstrate and reinforce the company leadership.
- Work closely with Sales, Sales Operations and Marketing groups to develop world-class sales tools and templates, product catalogues, product collateral, white papers, customer case studies, and sales presentations.
- Develop business plans, partnership plans, and go forward business planning for new and existing solutions.
- Drive investment in new products or enhancements based on established Product Management methods to provide distinct and measurable results.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Collaborates with business and platform leads to allocate resources, to deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Overseas the day to day operations including the management of key Service Level Agreements to ensure that the products delivered exceed customer expectations
- Ensures that quality solutions are delivered on time and within budget.
- Contributes to business success by performing other tasks as required.
- Leads roadmap strategy across new and emerging programs and platforms by developing new ways to exceed customers’ expectations
- Works with external and internal stakeholders to define overall product/platform requirements and their priorities.
- Performs additional duties as needed
- At least 5+ years of software product development and life cycle management
- Proven ability to articulate a business case to stakeholders and customers, including relevant product and market information tailored to the audience, and influence various stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% (domestic and international)
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor's degree) in Computer Science or related discipline preferred, but not required