Primary Location: United States (US)- Iowa -
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software Product Verification & Validation Engineer (50080699)- 69535
As a Software Product Verification & Validation Engineer, at John Deere Construction and Forestry Division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will be verifying and validating our emerging technologies and current production features. The work of this position focuses on the software validation across the division. In addition, you will:
- Analyze software requirements
- Plan, coordinate, and perform testing on the bench and machine
- Develop the test vectors, setup, and scripts for automated testing
- Work with 3rd party partners in the development and testing of software solutions
- Work with the stakeholders to resolve issues found during testing
- Provide team leadership for supporting domestic and internationally located engineers
- Coach and mentor early career software PV&V, systems, and embedded software engineers
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
1 or more years of professional experience in software design
- 3 or more years of professional experience in software testing or software design
- Significant knowledge and experience in software testing, tools, and processes such as unit testing, HIL, SIL, black box, boundary conditions etc.
- Experience with developing and validating functional requirements
- Strong problem-solving skills to analyze and solve technical problems, including troubleshooting software and electrical issues
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed mode
- Experience working with suppliers, partners and co-workers in the design or testing of software solutions
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% (both domestic and internationally)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with embedded software including C/C++
- Experience with electrical hardware, software, and their interaction with mechanical systems
- Experience with machine vision, advanced imaging, camera systems, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience with automotive/aviation/off road mobile equipment software development (design or test)
- Experience with model-based software testing techniques
- Experience with various software languages (such as Python, Linux, etc)
- Experience with distributed control systems and communication protocols
- Background in construction or agricultural equipment operation
- 5 or more years of professional engineering experience
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer S cience or equivalent
Education or equivalent work experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.