Software QA Engineer/ Sr. Software QA Engineer
Overview of Role:
The Software QA Engineer/ Sr. Software QA Engineer candidate will be responsible for all facets of quality assurance and testing including development and maintenance of test libraries, test template creation, test planning, test tool selection, test execution and results reporting. This position will work closely with engineering developers to review new software design, change specifications, and timelines to ensure QA integration points, expectations and test planning. The position will be responsible for all phases of testing, associated management reporting, identification and implementation of process improvements and resource coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testware development for Java applications in a Linux environment.
- Develop, maintain and execute unit tests, using Java, and regressions test libraries.
- Conduct code reviews (primarily Java applications software).
- Identify and configure test hardware systems and components, and coordinate with electrical, mechanical and software engineering teams to maintain the hardware systems.
- Develop and lead the software system testing process, resources, programming, projects and documentation.
- Assist in generation of use cases to ensure that all functional requirements of a system are captured during the product test phase.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Coordinate with development managers / project managers to identify appropriate scope of testing.
- Work to integrate the software assurance process into release management and change management.
- Provide feedback to Developers to improve testability and reliability.
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe product quality, test metrics, and QA process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or information technology, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of related work experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Strong Java development, debugging and testing skills in a Linux environment.
- Experience with Java applications development environment and tools – Jenkins, Git, Gerrit.
- Experience working with real-time embedded software, Java, Linux and associated test development and tools.
- Familiar with test automation tools such as Selenium.
- Strong leadership, communication and coordination skills.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to support production issues and project rollouts.
- Strong software analysis skills, strong problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot under pressure
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles
- Familiar with hardware and firmware is a plus
Liquid Robotics designs and manufactures Wave Gliders®, the world’s first wave and solar powered autonomous ocean robots. With partners, they address challenges facing defense, Oil & Gas, commercial and science customers by making ocean data collections and communications easier safer and in real-time. Liquid Robotics was acquired by Boeing in December of 2016 and operates as an independent non-integrated subsidiary.
For more info, please visit www.liquid-robotics.com
Liquid Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.