Quality Analyst/Engineer-Staff is responsible to ensure software quality through testing software / software platforms for specific business needs including: enhancements, maintenance, and defect fixes. Staff-level professional experienced in all aspects of quality assurance and testing. Encompasses full knowledge required within the quality and software development lifecycle. Typically designs and develops approaches that are implemented by others. Functions with minimal oversight and direction. Provides technical guidance to peers.
Essential Job Duties
• 1. Mentors and coaches associate and staff level employees on all job essentials.
• 2. Creates and maintains test plans and individual test cases using approved standards, processes, and tools for common and complex projects. Evaluates level of risk in determining the scope and coverage of the individual test plan(s).
• 3. Executes test cases, accurately documents defects using approved standards, processes and tools for common and complex projects.
• 4. Collaborates in requirements development and/or review.
• 5. Reports results and recommends to key business stakeholders / groups on the quality of the product, software development lifecycle processes and the risk of promoting for production use for common and complex projects.
• 6. Participates in the creation and management of project plans. Consistently meets agreed upon deadlines or escalates issues, concerns and barriers to key project leaders. Assists in the prioritization of tasks/assignments.
• 7. Acquires and maintains an in-depth understanding of the technical and functional architecture, security and compliance requirements of assigned systems and integration.
• 8. Investigates and assists in the resolution of common and complex issues, incidents, and problems. Collaboratively works with peers, internal and external stakeholders, and vendors.
• 9. With minimal oversight, develops training and knowledge based materials for use by peers and other IS team members.
• 10. Creates and maintains complex database queries.
• 11. Creates and maintains automation scripts for complex projects.
• 12. Participates in the creation of test harnesses, automation and performance testing frameworks.
• 13. Independently develops and implements communication plans to all stakeholder groups (internal and external).
Selenium web driver experience.
Rest and Soap Web Services experience.
• A Bachelor's degree in an information technology, computer science, healthcare (clinical or business), or business related field, or four years of equivalent information system experience. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
• Six years of experience working in the information technology QA field.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178