Are you bored testing the same thing over and over on a monster project that never seems to end?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to drive systems quality across a wide variety of projects, platforms, and business units. As a part of the Information Systems team, the Software QA Analyst will be responsible for performing thorough inspection and examination of software development and maintenance release changes for proper operation and freedom from defects. Your emphasis will be on defect prevention – assuring quality from project inception. Have you ever wanted to be involved with design-driven quality analysis? This is your chance.
- The ideal candidate will have a great blend of business and technical experience and expertise. Our QA Analyst will be a trusted “information service provider” deeply connected to all team members.
You will work closely with: Project Management to identify and manage project issues and risks, and to champion that projects are delivered to schedule, quality and budget; SMEs and product managers to develop test cases and strategies, and lend expertise in developing a UAT plan; Business Analysts to ensure quality specs and the elimination of requirements gaps; Infrastructure team for project related performance testing and hardware and operating system issues; and the development team to ensure both functional and non-functional system components are being developed to standard, and the defined criteria for functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability are met.
- Perform software testing.
- Accurately assess and “point” User stories and Defects from a work effort standpoint.
- Participate in assigned test engagements, establishing Test Cases based on requirements analysis and project meetings.
- Create and maintain comprehensive supporting documentation relating to the testing process for deployed software product fixes and enhancements.
- Perform tracking and reporting of testing progress, defects and results for testing engagements.
- Maintain testing environments and associated test data for deployed products.
- Create and maintain test data.
- Assist in the coordination and maintenance of test lab.
- Create and maintain user/system documentation as assigned by QA Manager.
- Provide periodic Status Reports.
- Plus other duties and functions as requested.