Fairfax Imaging is seeking an Quality Assurance Tester. The following is a list of the primary job responsibilities of the position:
- Work with customer to establish meaningful test cases and test case scenarios.
- Ensure that the test cases match the system design and are aligned with the customer business expectations.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Director (QAD) in reviewing the test cases.
- Manage and execute thorough software testing on the test cases.
- Do re-iterative and regression testing as needed to ensure that the system continues to function as designed after changes are made.
- Fully document any unexpected anomalies or defects identified in testing with instruction of how to recreate each.
- Maintain well organized records and generate historical analysis of test results.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Quality Assurance Tester Job Requirements:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of software testing and quality assurance experience. Military or other-mission critical software application testing experience is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and testing methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to plan and achieve a variety of tasks.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve issues independently.
- Good and effective oral and written English communication skills to speak with both technical and non-technical personnel. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Good writing skills to document processes and describe issues.
- Takes instruction well and works well in a team environment.
- Reasonably experienced with Windows and browser based computing.
- Creative problem solving ability and demonstrated autonomy and sense of initiative.
- Desire to work in entrepreneurial environment.
- Focused, results-driven, positive demeanor.
- Ability to work across organizational functional boundaries.
- People and team oriented with clear ability to support same.
- Strong customer service philosophy.
- Specific experience in Technology or Software industries is highly desired.
Fairfax Imaging Company Background:
Fairfax Imaging is a leader in forms and data capture and data management systems. Founded in 1994, Fairfax Imaging is a privately held Virginia corporation. Fairfax Imaging continues to achieve industry recognition in the Software 500 and in industry trade publications each year. Fairfax Imaging offers a challenging opportunity for professional growth with competitive salaries and benefits, including a matching 401k plan, medical, dental, and job-related tuition reimbursement.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment in Tampa, Florida in the Westshore Business District. Work requires extensive use of a computer.
Software QA Engineer / Tester