Northrop Grumman Xetron in Cincinnati, Ohio has a current opening for a Software Quality Engineer 3 to support multiple programs.
The successful candidate will implement software quality standards across multiple programs. Will perform program product and process audits. Will ensure that project and process control documentation are in accordance with contract requirements, program planning and NG policies, processes and procedures. Will review software design, code and unit test, integration, change specifications, and plans for contractual and/or process requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation plans to assist program activities for processing software and materials into partially finished or finished product.
* Collaborate with Program and Engineering management on program quality planning and the establishment of program quality objectives.
* Working with the Engineering Process Group, collaborate with software engineering and systems engineering functions to ensure quality standards are in place and followed.
* Assists with verification and acceptance testing of software and system products.
* Supports CMMI and AS9100 audit activities and audits quality systems for non-conformance identification and corrective action.
* Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable quality standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
* Assists Software Engineering in collecting and reporting metrics.
* Cross-trained to the hardware quality engineer positions in the department.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other STEM related field with 5+ years of relevant software development integration work experience OR Master's Degree in Engineering or other STEM related field with 3+ years of relevant software development and integration work experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes including Agile, Waterfall, and Spiral Development processes
* Demonstrated knowledge of CMMI
* Demonstrated experience in the collection of software data and metrics for reporting.
* Demonstrated experience in process and product evaluation.
* TS clearance
* Active Top Secret Clearance
* Experience in a Software Engineering environment in an engineering capacity, work plan review, manufacturing readiness review, root cause/corrective action analysis.
* Certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
* Ability to work with all levels of management, metrics stat using and excellent communication skills are is a must.
* Experience with software code review and open to learning different software tools.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.