SW Quality Engineer II
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
As a Software Quality Engineer, this person will become an expert on products and process used within the Hospitality Division. This person will assume responsibility for performing SW Quality Engineering on the product solution set.
- Be part of an Agile team, participate in all Agile activities and be accountable for the sprint deliverables.
- Manage assigned tasks, tracking tasks to completion and reporting on risks to project timelines
- Review designs with developers and architects in consideration of testability and supportability
- Maintain an understanding of Client product lines in order to assess impacts on the overall solution
- Set up test environments as required including POS hardware, windows networking and installing software applications
- Contribute to periodic status reports on testing activities (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Design, develop, and execute test plans and scripts for all components of a product to ensure the delivery of quality software products that meet customer specifications
- Maximize automation: question & challenge manual processes and look for automation alternatives
- Leverage our test tools, JIRA and other required applications
- Provide input to existing software development cycle to improve/refine its impacts to the product release
- Sustain knowledge of industry standards/methodologies in software quality assurance
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Formal education level: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 4-5 years' experience in Software Quality role or equivalent
- 4-5 years' experience in Quality Assurance processes, procedures, and standards
- 2+ years' testing REST web services.
- Demonstrated ability to master technical details of multiple complicated software solutions; understanding technical and usability aspects as they related to quality and usability
- Experience with network management, computer hardware setup and software installations
- Self-directed individual who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on quality
- Strong customer-centric attitude toward both external and internal customers
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server experience preferred, but not required
- Basic DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server including schema design, queries & basic administration
- Experience with POS hardware and software
- Hospitality or Retail POS industry knowledge
Preferred Experience: Need to have experience testing Web Services. Experience with tools like Soap UI. Go getter who is a self-starter that goes out and grabs the bull by the horns.