MasterControl Inc. is a leading provider of cloud-based quality and compliance software for life sciences and other regulated industries. Our mission is the same as that of our customers to bring life-changing products to more people sooner. The MasterControl Platform helps organizations digitize, automate and connect quality and compliance processes across the regulated product development life cycle. Over 1,000 companies worldwide rely on MasterControl solutions to achieve new levels of operational excellence across product development, clinical trials, regulatory affairs, quality management, supply chain, manufacturing and postmarket surveillance. For more information, visitwww.mastercontrol.com.
MasterControl is looking for creative, energetic test engineers to join our software quality team. Team members will use innovative test tools and methods, working closely with product managers and developers in an agile environment, to proactively ensure delivery of the best software possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the #BestDevTeamOnThePlanet in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Partner closely with QA Engineers, Product Owners, Project Managers, Scrum Masters and Agile Managers.
- Participate in the design and development sessions and provide useful feedback.
- Research and play with new technologies to help make the #BestProductEver.
- Create manual tests (including test cases, test plans, bug verification, and functional tests) and automated testing (including regression tests, functional tests, and custom validation tests).
- Thoroughly document test results.
- Utilize the defect tracking tool to log defects and verify software chances have been resolved correctly.
- Track quality assurance metrics.
- Maintain QA test lab hardware and software. Maintain hardware and software requirements documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working with MS SQL and/or Oracle databases, including and understanding of SQL query language and backend testing.
- Experience with SQA testing processes, including functional, negative, regression, integration and acceptance testing.
- Ability to work with developers, managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that specifications are accurate, understood, and that quality testing is an integral part of every project. Ability to write professional, succinct quality documentation according to company standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong negotiation, interpersonal, collaborative, trust-building, and conflict-resolution skills and ability to adapt to constructive criticism.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Passionate about solving business problems in innovative and creative ways.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet multiple, challenging deadlines while communication expectations clearly.
- Ability to write working code in any of the above programming languages.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Familiarity with government standards and regulations.
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years test experience beyond degree requirement.
WHY WORK HERE?:
MasterControl is a place where Exceptional Teams come together to do their best work. Hiring Exceptional Teams, including the best talent in our industry, is a core value of ours. MasterControl employees are surrounded by intelligent, motivated individuals every day. We like to call it #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet.
- We value every employee and their contribution to what makes MasterControl successful. We give right back to the employee through a generous benefits package, great flexibility, and continuous opportunities for advancement.
- Not only do we hire Exceptional Teams, but we work hard to keep them here by developing and challenging their skillsets, encouraging professional development and growth, and offering a culture that can't be found elsewhere. Which is why we say - #WhyWorkAnywhereElse?
- To put it simply, working at MasterControl is fun, challenging, and rewarding. From our Fitness Clubs to our awards programs, from our company parties to our competitive benefits, you can't really go wrong. MasterControl could be your next (and last) career move!
- We are growing quickly and always looking for talented individuals to add to #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet!
- Here are some of the benefits MasterControl employees enjoy:
- 100% medical premium coverage (yes, you read that right!)
- Generous PTO packages that increase with tenure
- Competitive compensation with annual merit increase reviews
- Dental/Vision Plans
- 401k Plan
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy ($50K)
- Great Flexibility
- Wellness Programs (every employee gets a Fitbit, we have lots of fitness clubs, we give out a lot of swag and we even have an onsite physician and massage therapist!)
- Access to Innovation Center with 3D printer, e-bikes, drones and VR
- Ability to drive company Tesla (yes, you also read that right!)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Professional Development
- Long Term Disability
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Free Food and Coffee
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Work From Home
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/paid time off