PeopleTec, Inc. is currently seeking a Software Requirements Analyst to support the EESS contract at our Huntsville, AL location.
The SED Targets IV&V Team is requesting a full-time Software Engineer to support the following areas:
- Integration of missile Flight Software into a Six Degrees of Freedom (6DOF) based All-Digital-Simulation (ADS) and Processor-In-the-Loop (PIL) testbed architectures. Ability to develop custom data interfaces a must. Experience with integration of C, C++, and Fortran.
- Understanding of real-time operating systems is desired as well as experience of analog, discrete, and message standards desired (RS-422, 232, telemetry streams, power, analog, and discrete signals). Integration also includes connectivity of synchronized operations between Six Degrees of Freedom (6DOF) models, GPS simulation, Thrust Vector Control (TVC) systems, Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT), and ordinance interfaces. Understanding of high fidelity modeling architectures is critical. This is integration, debug, and verification work with an end state of providing a test capability to support formal IV&V test execution.
- Engineering analysis: Ability to read/understand Software Specifications, interface specifications, System Specifications, performance specifications.
- Program support: support/participate in configuration managed software environment, internal and external meeting support, customer interaction, and team coordination.
- IV&V Test support: support development of IV&V Test plans and procedures; support executing Formal IV&V testing; preparing and archiving test artifacts (configuration sheets, reports, etc...).
- Requirements analysis: assist with review of developer and customer requirements documents for purpose of developing IV&V requirements traceability matrix; analysis of test data results for purpose of preparing IV&V data review and final report.
- The candidate should be a self-starter who has initiative, strong interpersonal communication, multi-tasking, and a willingness to work with others as part of a team.
- The candidate must be eager to learn new MDA Missions' related acronyms, terminologies, major milestone events, and personnel titles.
- Candidate must have exceptional organizational skill.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain SED Targets IV&V lab computer account.
The SED Targets IV&V program is a team of developers, testers, operators, and leaders who work together with complex technology in a lab environment. As a senior analyst, the candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively connect with members on their team, members within other Targets teams, and Targets leadership. Candidate must be able to thoroughly and consistently document various internal SED and external MDA meetings.
Provides Systems and Aerospace Engineering support to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Targets and Countermeasures vehicle flight software Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) team in support of flight test preparation efforts.
Produces Systems Engineering documentation to support flight software performance testing including Mission Specific Test Plans (MSTP) and Final test Reports. Final Test Reports delivered to MDA contain evidence of successful verification of vehicle flight software and performance requirements.
Performs post-mission analysis on target vehicle telemetry. Post-mission analysis used to anchor six degree-of-freedom (6DOF) target vehicle models to support future Target missions. Interfaces with customer to determine metrics and priorities for post-mission analysis.
Updated atmospheric models in target vehicle 6DOF simulation models. Model updates include vehicle supplier atmosphere models for comparison of simulation data and Earth-GRAM 2016 to supply in-line atmospheric data for improved simulation accuracy.
Candidate must have work experience directly related to development or software testing of weapon system software, preferably missile software.
Experience with RHEL and Windows command line operations and scripting are a plus, the SED Targets IV&V computing environment is presently composed of approximately 90% Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and 10% Microsoft Windows.
- At minimum, the candidate must have experience operating both Windows and Linux operating systems and have a keen interest in learning to operate in a mixed-OS environment'as well as learning newer major releases of Linux and Windows as the SED Targets IV&V team migrates to them in the coming years.
- Travel Requirement: 10%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Candidate must hold a U.S. DoD Secret Security clearance upon hire, and have the ability to maintain this clearance level during their employment
The candidate must have a completed Bachelor's Degree, preferably in one of the following fields of study: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, or related engineering field from an accredited university.
Familiarization with missile flight dynamics, guidance-navigation-control algorithms, and real-time operations is desired, but not required.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.