Get your logistics together. Evolve here.
Schaefer Systems International provides storage, materials handling, logistics and waste technology solutions to businesses throughout North America. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art intralogistic storage and picking solutions for all types of industries as well as plastic containers, pallets, and waste and recycling carts. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.us.
The Software Support Engineer provides technical support for automated material handling software systems and equipment in warehouses and distribution centers using an array of technical tools to perform complex troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Identifies and resolves issues with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Material Flow Systems (MFS).
- Identifies issues that are mechanical or logical in nature and escalates to the appropriate team for resolution.
- Designs test scenarios to identify system issues.
- Trains internal and external customers to increase system knowledge, resolve issues and prevent issues from recurring.
- Creates documentation and training materials for system users and system service & maintenance.
- Designs, generates, and maintains reports detailing the daily operations of the systems.
- Analyzes system daily operation reports to track and identify opportunities for continued improvement.
- Updates help-desk ticketing system to track, monitor, and resolve issues.
- Writes and updates knowledgebase articles.
- Effectively communicates with customers in high-impact scenarios.
- May travel internationally for training.
- Participates in customer and internal meetings.
- Assists software development team with projects.
- Works as part of international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.appropriate team for resolution.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work
- 1 year of experience with Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- 1 year of experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server)
Visit our YouTube Page @ www.youtube.com/warehouselogistics