Concordia Publishing House (CPH), the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, is seeking a Software Support Technician to join our team of highly talented individuals. This position will provide high-quality help desk support to all users of CPH’s computer products via inbound and outbound telephone calls, e-mail, and web chat.
Specific duties include:
- Serve as primary contact person for inbound and outbound help desk support calls, e-mail, and web chat.
- Provide customers with accurate and creative assistance for all CPH technology-driven products and services to include (but not limited to) PC-based software, web-based applications, and online resources.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of supported products, support policies, computer skills, computer applications and/or software, in order to provide technically accurate solutions for all users.
- Log all support calls within ticketing system and complete assigned tasks.
- Assist in creating new tickets for customer bugs and suggestions, responding as necessary to customer feedback.
- Participate in software beta-testing for products.
- Provide data conversions from third-party software.
- Return messages and respond to customer issues within one business day.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Oneyearof experience in the information technology fieldtroubleshooting PC applications.
- College degree or professional certification related to information technology preferred.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of PC hardware, Windows Operating Systems, Mac Operating Systems, Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and SQL.
CPH is mission-focused, customer-driven, and exists to provide Christian resources that meet the needs of its customers today and in the future. CPH has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute andis a winner of the Missouri Quality Award and the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. CPH offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package featuring medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care benefits; disability and survivor benefits; accidental death insurance; and a company provided pension plan and an optional 403(b) retirement plan featuring a company match. Many other benefits are provided to CPH employees including paid time off for a Christian Mission Trip, paid time off for parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and a friendly, team-oriented work environment. Our management culture solicits and recognizes employees for their ideas on opportunities to continually improve the company and our service to customers. We are looking for the best candidates to share in our vision.
Computer Support Specialist