Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here:
Software Systems Engineer AKA DevOps Engineer – Blockchain Investment Firm
(it will be a mix of about 20-30% enterprise IT, 30%-50% devops, and 30-40% data engineering and infrastructure)
Location: you can choose to work in either of their offices in Menlo Park and San Francisco. You can also work up to 1 day/week from home
The company is a leading investment firm that specializes in blockchain investments, and their team includes some of the biggest names in the blockchain space.
You could work in either of their offices in S.F. or Menlo Park (whichever you prefer). You could also work from home up to 1 day/week.
Working at this company could be a good fit for someone who is interested in the world of hedge funds, venture capital, quantitative trading, data science, blockchain, and/or cryptocurrencies.
The company will pay a base salary of up to $220k, plus annual performance bonuses. The amount of performance bonuses could range widely based on company performance and individual performance, but are expected to bring total compensation to as high as $300k/year.
The company is flexible on what your job duties would entail (depending on what you are good at and interested in, but they do require that you would be willing and able to do each of the types of duties listed below. Rough approximations of the % of your time that will be spent on each type of job duties are listed below.
Short term duties (probably for the first 3-4 months):
- 10-40% on enterprise IT migration project
- 30-50% on DevOps and cloud IT administration
- 10-40% on data infrastructure streamlining project
- All remaining time in miscellaneous systems engineering
Long term duties:
- 10-20% ongoing work on enterprise IT
- Additional 10-30% reserved for enterprise IT management and crisis resolution
- 30-50% in DevOps and cloud IT administration
- All remaining time in miscellaneous data engineering
- Ability to do full stack engineering in Python
- Shell scripting: Bash or Perl
- Enterprise IT experience
- Cloud IT experience with AWS or Azure or Google Cloud or Rackspace
Nice to have:
- C++, Java
- DevOps experience
- AWS with Terraform or Ansible
- AWS Lambda
- Relational DB: Aurora, Salesforce
- Time series DB: Quasar, Druid, Timestream
- High performance DB: Redis, Memcached