Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
This job is a single incumbent job.
- Work independently to create, maintain, and execute automation and manual test plans.
- Create traceability between test plans and formal requirement documents.
- Participate in scrum meetings, be involved in requirements gathering, creation of user stories, test cases and defects/change tracking.
- Identification of software defects as early as possible in the software development process, and problem resolution to management.
- Work with development team to improve unit test coverage, frameworks and productivity tools.
- Work with cross functional teams and a variety of disciplines such as scientists, regulatory, and quality to gain understanding of the product which will aid the creation of the test plans.
- Participate in evaluation of tools, test development, automation environment used for software verification.
- Mentor team members in best practices and skills development.
- BS/BA degree in computer science, science or engineering
- Minimum of two (2) years directly related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably working in an FDA regulated
industry with medical device or instrument test experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of automated test tools and frameworks
- Previous experience working as a tester in an Agile software development environment
- Proven experience of a broad range of software testing methodologies: unit, functional,
system, integration, performance, load, regression, exploratory, and usability.
- Demonstrates success for technical proficiency, engineering creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Knowledge of engineering principle and concepts
- Develops and uses company design practices as applied to projects
- Understands and applies industry practices and benchmarks
- Uses company practices for SW integration and test