DIRECT CLIENT REQUIREMENTJob Title
: Software TesterLocation
: South San Francisco, CADuration
: 1-yearJob Responsibility:
- Perform instrument software build testing
- Perform server software build testing
- Develop verification tools to increase testing automation coverage
- Develop test plan and test cases for instrument and server integration
- Apply engineering and scientific competencies to verify and validate software product requirements, specifications and develop test procedures
- Deploy and monitor software build to the internal production clusters.
- Software development skills and experience with Perl, Java, bash or Python with 5+ year experience.
- MS. or higher in Computer Science/engineering, Bioinformatics, Biomedical engineering, Statistics, EE or related fields.
- Strong experience in Linux/Unix system
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with software testing and automation.
- Experience with software development tools (IDE, git, svn, issue tracker)
- Knowledge of high performance computing includin resource management and job scheduling packages (such as PBS, LSF, SGE).
- Training in software design and development. Good understanding of software testing best-practices is desired.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools and public databases will be advantageous.
- Product development and / or industry experience in a multi-disciplinary Biotech environment is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Good communication skills with scientists, engineers and software developers.
- Must be detail oriented and self driven.