The Shipboard Information Technology (SBIT) organization within the Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is responsible for delivering, maintaining, deploying, and supporting SBIT applications for submarines and carriers in the Naval Nuclear Fleet. The successful candidate will work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment with multiple organizations at different locations to test custom applications that are developed in-house and through outside vendors, ensuring high quality software is fielded to the fleet. Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Creation and execution of detailed test plans for new and updated applications,
- Identification and documentation of test defects encountered while testing (including troubleshooting of defects to determine root cause),
- Creation of detailed test reports,
- Knowledge transfer of applications learned thorough testing to application support organizations,
- Assisting in troubleshooting of fielded applications as needed, and
- Assisting in the update of technical manuals. Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
Job Preferred Skills
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate technical information and issues in written reports.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, software or hardware testing, test automation and unified functional testing (UFT) experience desired.
- Database experience and technical data analysis experience also preferred.