At Green Ridge Solar the role of the Project Manager (PM) is to organize and control the preparation and execution of solar construction projects to meet the company objectives of maximizing profit, quality, and safety.
With a firm grasp of Electrical & Solar construction, the PM will oversee projects from kickoff to completion and manage projects in a manner that exceeds our client’s expectations and delivers every project on time and within budget as projected while ensuring that our work adheres to all company policies and OSHA-mandated requirements.
The PM must be able to present themselves in a professional manner while on site and during phone conversations. A positive attitude and willingness to learn and retain training information and company procedures as well as policies is necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are some, not all, of the duties and responsibilities that constitute the position of a project manager.
- Perform project site audits verifying that solar arrays fit in proposed locations, Electrical equipment is sufficient for solar, & structural integrity of the building is compliant for installation.
- Ability to simplify, summarize, manage, and solve complex issues and then report to senior management
- Ability to effectively coordinate and handle, under pressure, multiple projects with a high degree of independence and professional judgment to meet or beat project key performance indicators.
- Report project progress and needs with sales director
- Complete project closeout
- Serve as project representative with clients at job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence as assigned by the operations team.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Project and Financial Responsibility
- Provide support to the operations director in creating and managing project budgets
- Develops, and completes, monthly projected final cost and labor cost report projections
- When necessary, manage subcontractor relationships (i.e roofing contractors, tree removals, etc.)
- Schedule project installation and schedule changes with the client
- Provide engineering support as needed
- Analyze project-specific risks and opportunities
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with subcontractors, field supervisor walk-through, engineer, or utility company
- Process change orders
- Conduct, document, and report site safety meetings to analyze job hazards
- Communicate with Field Supervisor and make adjustments necessary to accommodate the project/site conditions
Project Administration and Closeout
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of project schedule, milestone dates, commissioning, and close-out checklists.
- Maintain required project documentation
- Present project progress, key findings, and updates to the client on a weekly basis
- Track project key performance indicators (schedule, cost, quality, scope) and provide inputs/corrective action to ensure progress is according to plan.
- Handle and provide all close-out documentation to customer at completion of project
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and always maintains a safe and respectful working environment by implementing programs for safety and loss prevention, risk management, training, and quality control
- Minimum 4 years in electrical/solar project management
- Minimum 2 years of Solar industry experience
- Solid understanding of Electrical systems and components
- MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE
Compensation and benefits
- $55,000-$65,000 Base salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance benefits
- Employer sponsored life insurance
- Employee voluntary programs, ie. (accidental health insurance, pet insurance etc.)
- 401 (k)
- 2 weeks paid vacation