Semper Solaris, the fastest growing leader in the Residential Roofing and Solar Installation industry, is looking for organized and motivated Solar Installers. With locations in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Riverside, Bakersfield, and the Bay Area, Semper Solaris installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Our commitment to excellence has earned us an industry-wide reputation for being one of the top roofing and solar company in California.
Under the general direction of the Construction Manager, the Foreman performs a wide variety of Operations duties. The ideal candidate will be motivated, dedicated, and a team player. In addition, the ideal candidate will have high attention to detail and a genuine care to his/her work craft.
- Direct the work of others at job site - provide subject matter expertise as needed
- Complete roof installation on various roof types, as well as ground mounts
- Ensure proper job documentation is completed once the job installation concludes
- Interact with customers - answer and direct questions as needed
- Identify, communicate, and resolve plumbing, electrical, environmental, or safety hazards associated with solar thermal installations
- Read and review blueprints and plan documents
- Install racking systems and modules
- Run conduit and wiring on roofs
- Apply weather seal, such as pipe flashings and sealants, to roof penetrations and structural devices
- Test operation or functionality of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and control systems
- Install copper or plastic plumbing using pipes, fittings, pipe cutters, acetylene torches, solder, wire brushes, sand cloths, flux, plastic pipe cleaners, or plastic glue
- Configure electrical wiring of the solar system (AC and DC)
- Other tasks and duties as needed
- Previous experience managing or overseeing the work of others required
- Previous experience utilizing power and hand tools required
- Previous experience with solar PV installation, roofing, or general construction is required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Must be able to maintain a high level of quality assurance with an emphasis on safety
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of the do's and do-not's of complete solar install
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and a clear driving record (MVR)
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs regularly
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and work from heights
- Must be able to work on feet for extended period of time
- Ability to work in diverse weather conditions
- Competitive hourly rates!
- Excellent benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance, H.S.A., Employee Assistance Program
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Advancement opportunities at a growing company!
Semper Solaris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.