Title: Solaris Expert (System Admin)
Location: Raleigh, NC
- The client is seeking a highly experienced Oracle Solaris expert with Solaris 10 to 11 migration expertise to assist approximately 50 community colleges in their migration from Solaris 10 to Solaris 11 on SPARC servers.
- The System utilizes a common ERP system; however, each community college maintains its own servers and infrastructure.
- The majority of all colleges use Oracle Solaris.
- Due to end of life for Solaris 10, the System Office is assisting colleges with best practices on how to migrate from Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.
- The candidate should possess expert knowledge in the design, configuration, implementation, integration and migration support of Solaris 10 and 11 operating systems, including server network configuration/troubleshooting and be flexible in assisting colleges as each college's infrastructure and integration needs may be different.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for operations and troubleshooting of system environments, Server back up and security
- Performance tuning and capacity planning
- Analysis of system logs and identification of potential issues with computer systems; troubleshooting of reported problems
- Migration and integration of new technologies and functionalities into existing system environments
- Strong knowledge of Oracle SPARC hardware management
- Strong knowledge of DNS, networking and connected systems
- Ability to participate in limited, sometimes overnight, travel
- 2 years of experience Red Hat server administration
- 7 years of experience Solaris 10 experience
- 4 years of experience Solaris 11 experience
- 4 years of experience Solaris 10 to 11 migration experience
- 4 years of experience with UFS to ZFS file system conversion
- 4 years of experience with ZFS snapshots
- 4 years of experience with configuring Solaris Global zones and sparse root, whole root and Solaris 10 branded zones
- 4 years of experience with Solaris 11 network communications configuration
- 4 years of experience with Solaris 10/11 print differences
- 4 years of experience with converting processes to execute in the Solaris Service Management Facility
- Expert knowledge of the Solaris 10 and 11 operating systems design/configuration/implementation/integration including ZFS file system configuration/support, zone configuration/support, and migration support.
- Strong collaborative skills and able to effectively communicate highly technical information and documentation to both technical and non-technical users.
- Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
- Red Hat server administration
E-Talent Network is responsible for carrying out the recruitment process and is a service provider for 22nd Century Technologies.
22nd Century technologies is a Minority (MBE) that supports demanding staffing programs for Corporations and State and Local Government Agencies. Its journey began in 1997 by supporting large Federal contracts which nudged us in the direction of creating large candidate pools across the country. Over the last 20 years, we have built a strong business model that is carefully constructed to deliver on multiple facets. We have proven past performance of providing services that exceed our clients' expectations. Today 22nd Century technologies supports clients in all 50 states and has grown to be a company that is trusted and sought for providing a complex mix of workforce solutions. With a firm grip on the entire spectrum of staffing solutions, we have placed more than 500,000 skilled resources and delivered 15 million+ man-hours.
“22nd Century Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."
E-Talent Network is proud to service TSCTI recruitment needs with Our Global Delivery model with 110 recruiters, data miners and research analysts working across multiple time zones is backed by an internal database of 2.4 million resources across all major industries. Check us out at http://ompsol.com