Responsible for supporting projects, developing and recommending business intelligence and analytics solutions for Securus, and ensuring that the overall BI architecture supports the corporate vision. Responsible for working with a full range of data technologies and architectures including big data platforms, enterprise data warehouses, pub/sub data messaging, master data management, AI/ML predictive analytics, Process Automation, and multiple reporting and analytics frameworks and tools.
- Responsible for helping set technology strategy for Business Intelligence, Reporting, Data Visualization & Analytics
- Provide strong technology leadership and technology guidance in the transformation from traditional BI and reporting to modern insights-driven analytics and data visualization
- Provide strong technology leadership in the adoption and use of AI/ML and predictive analytics
- Conduct research into current and emerging technologies and marketplace evolution, staying current with vendor product offerings; continuously learning new BI & Analytics technologies and introducing these into the organization
- Define BI standards, guidelines and best practices for business groups and technical teams.
- Recommend strategies to improve performance and capacity of BI tools.
- Utilizes various data extraction, data aggregation, and business intelligence tools to create rich BI environments that can be used for advanced analytics and reporting.
- Collaborate with BI Administrators, Developers and Analysts for successful development of BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Implement and maintain a process to ensure programs and systems are designed to capture and store data appropriately to facilitate reporting and analytical goals defined by business teams.
- Partners with other architects to define metadata layers, technical strategy and optional integration within the existing IT landscape.
- Work with Securus’ Enterprise Architecture team to implement the established software standards and framework technologies.
- Participate and/or lead project teams as a technical resource to deliver solutions that follow best-practice standards.
- Participate and/or lead team initiatives with other Architects/Engineers for new technology introductions / deployments, and establishing best-practice recommendations
- Coach and mentor other delivery, quality assurance, and support personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Project management/project lifecycle/project methodology skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve operations issues.
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents within and outside of IT to drive cohesiveness while ensuring that the architectural direction is achieved.
- Excellent presentation skills. Should be able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, Data Science or Information Technology or similar discipline.
- 10 years hands-on data design in large-scale and complex data solutions development projects
- 5 years plus experience architecting enterprise data solutions
- Expertise in BI, Reporting, Data Visualization and Analytics
- Proficiency with AI/ML & predictive analytics
- Ability to perform third-party vendor assessments
- Ability to develop and lead proof-of-concepts
- Broad experience in data warehouse, data analytics and business intelligence tools (BI, ETL, Data Quality and RDBMS tools/platforms)
- Excellent understanding of data warehouses / data-marts and dimensional data models
- Experience with Data Visualization, Data Virtualization and Data Profiling tools
- 5 + years Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and Big Data / NoSQL technologies
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements in order to meet strategic goals and development efforts.
- Machine Learning and AI
- Experience in the Telecom industry
- Microsoft BI tech stack
- Proficiency with BI & Analytics tools, like Tableau Enterprise
- Payment processing methods
- Hadoop or similar Big Data technologies
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.