Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Information Technology
Discipline: Corporate Applications
Career Level: Specialist II
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Applications Development Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority IT initiatives across multiple Platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) in collaboration with internal business customers.
You will own the Applications Development technical direction including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Application Development & DevOps solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Understand DLC’s overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create an application modernization roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key application development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, Java/node.js, DevOps and OSS tools)
- Drive long-term platform adoption by developing cloud native projects (e.g. server less, PCF, Open shift, Service Fabric), supporting them to make the appropriate technical choices and infusing coding practices
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within IT to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Be a Platform Agnostic evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Deep domain expertise of cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry), continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet), web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM), one or more of the following programming languages: C, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive; breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required;
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) required;
- Experience working on large-scale IT implementations involving Microsoft, Oracle, and/or SAP
- Experience designing and developing application in cloud environment.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale applications portfolio in enterprise-wide environment (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) required;
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application development projects (including key coding skills and practices) required;
- 5 years of success in consultative/complex technical consulting and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects), architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required;
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (developers, Senior Executives and IT management);
- Technical Degree: min of Bachelors in Computer Science or adjacent fields preferred; along with Minimum 5 years of experience.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.