The Hartford is seeking a Solution Architect to join the Application Architecture team supporting our Commercial Lines business segment. The Commercial Lines organization is a thriving unit within The Hartford with a longstanding, respected presence in the marketplace with %247 billion in revenue and a 200+ year history of innovation and excellence. If you’re a passionate technical leader with a desire to never stop learning and looking to stay on top of the latest trends in emerging technologies such as APIs, Microservices, Cloud technologies, IoT, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and more, this position is for you.
This is a technical position that requires 10+ years’ experience in IT combined with strong application design & development skills and excellent communication skills. This position will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing innovative software architectures that enable Commercial Lines strategic objectives as well as ensuring that the business and non-functional requirements are being met the technical designs and implementation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary accountability for the position involves establishing and driving clear, effective, and innovative solution designs aligning to The Hartford’s reference architectures, blueprints, and business and IT strategies across The Hartford’s Commercial Lines Technology and Enterprise landscape.
- Responsible for conceptualizing and designing architectures that enable strategic initiatives & technology objectives that consider strategic alignment, scale, reliability, security, complexity, and cost.
- Evaluating software technology/products for enterprise use.
- Participation with agile teams to ensure architecture standards are being maintained.
The applicant must have hands-on experience and technical skills in designing and implementing robust enterprise level solutions with a broad understanding of traditional and modern software technology frameworks, platforms, vendor software solutions, development tools, and processes. Experience designing and implementing Microservices or API-based integrations with clear understanding of JSON, REST and HTTP standards. Experience integrating both modern and legacy systems is a plus.Clear understanding of cloud, hybrid cloud, and container deployment architectures including building cloud-ready applications and container orchestration systems (e.g., Kubernetes).Understanding of how to deploy Machine Learning/Data Science models in a Production environment.Experience working with agile development teams, methodologies and toolsets.Experience with DevOps practices including but not limited to continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) concepts and tools; familiarity with automated testing and code analysis tools. Experience with developing reusable assets such as prototypes, solution designs, documentation and other materials that contribute to department and organization effectiveness and efficiency.The incumbent must have strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills with ability to effectively communicate solution recommendations and influence key stakeholders.Be a self-motivated individual with strong analytical and research skills; Have the ability to handle multiple high priority demands; and have the ability to be detail oriented, yet still be able to have clarity on the overall picture.Proficiency in designing and developing complex IT systems and assessing and evaluating alternative solutions.A strong desire to stay on top of technology trends in the Insurance Industry and Emerging Technology space.
Behaviors at the Hartford:
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/AgeJob
United States-Connecticut-HartfordSchedule :
Individual ContributorEducation Level:
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)Job Type:
Day JobEmployee Status:
Mar 7, 2019, 11:42:06 AMRemote Worker Option: