Scope of Work:
- This hands-on Technical Lead is responsible for planning, design, development and coordinating the efforts of Group Insurance IT solution delivery.
- The Technical Lead will champion the continued transformation to an Agile Delivery environment as well as play the Technical Practice Lead for our Integration/Services team.
- This person is responsible for delivering end to end IT design and delivery of Services.
- The Technical Lead plays a crucial role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery.
- This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments.
- The successful incumbent is highly experienced and has decision-making authority.
- To be successful in this hands on visible role the Technical Lead should have a passion for exploring new technologies, understands and can architect and design end-to-end service-oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful APIs, Microservices, web development technology stack, responsive web design, and turns concepts to products using Agile frameworks.
- They are looking for someone who can work as a full stack developer, is outcome focused, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
- Collaborate across the organization to architect and design solutions, and drive outcomes with focus on enriched customer experience
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player
- Be able to manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches
- Leads technical design activities, and ensures all technical hurdles are resolved
- Able to work as full stack developer with in our scrum team
- Acts as Technical Practice Lead, defining standards and processes for implementing technical stack
- Mentors development teams, and is a trusted advisor to the business
- Plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions
- Work with production support teams on escalated production systems failures for Root Cause Analysis, formulate corrective action plans, ensure corrective actions are implemented and track their effectiveness
- Build out, maintain, and improve the CI/CD pipeline technology stack
- Embrace and Implement Test Driven Development
- Analyze and tune application performance with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
- Candidate should have experience working with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Restful APIs, microservices, WebMethods, Apigee, Spring boot, Cloud, XML, AJAX, Oracle, DB2, SOAP, and Splunk
- 8+ years of proven technology experience with focused responsibility for application management and support functions
- 5+ years' experience with Service Oriented Architecture/Design, experience implementing Web Services using Spring MVC/ Jax-RS.
- 2+ years' experience with Restful APIs
- 1+ Microservices, Spring boot and Cloud stack
- 3+ years' experience with relational Database like Oracle
- 2+ years' experience writing multi-threaded high performance applications and que-based systems
- Experience with Continuous development and Continuous integration (DevOps)
- Experience with Test Driven Development using Junit testing frameworks.
- Experience in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology
- The ability to create a quick prototype from ideas
- Ability to work with multiple levels of management across Technology and the supported Business Units
- Working knowledge in CORE JAVA (the entire enterprise environment including Spring Frameworks, JMS, RMI, JPS, Hibernate, Enterprise Integration Patterns, etc.)
- Working knowledge with mobile optimization/responsive-adaptive code including Angular JS, HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore teams
- Experience working with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, thorough understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- Champions employee engagement within SCRUM team. Is the primary change agent for the team. Remains positive, direct, data-driven and constructive.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Rushi at 858-703-6733 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 10 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/