Position: Solution Architect
Location: Central Region, US - Atlanta, GA, Cincinnati, OH, Chicago, IL
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
The Solution Architect - Central Region reports to the VP of Sales Engineering & Solutions Architecture, Americas.
The Solution Architect is responsible for partnering with sales leadership and the territory sales teams, this leadership position is responsible for working with prospects, customers and alliance partners to sell the Zscaler platform. It is the responsibility of the Solution Architect to set appropriate expectations during the sales cycle to ensure customer satisfaction and provide effective demonstrations of Zscaler’s solutions in response to the customer needs.
This role requires a deep understanding of security and networking technology, along with a strong understanding of how to navigate enterprise organizational structures to influence buying decisions. Must be able to master the Zscaler architecture story, which will enable him/her to engage in deep dive sessions with large accounts and convincingly deliver demonstrations based on customer needs. In addition to, the role also requires the ability to understand and interpret organizational dynamics and the ability to engage and positively influence key decision makers.
- Develop and deliver custom demonstrations and presentations that illustrate Zscaler’s ability to enhance customer and prospects’ business operations.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of networking and security architectures and engage in technical discussions with network and security architects of large enterprises.
- Present Zscaler’s technical architecture and hosting capabilities as it relates to customers’ and prospects’ environment and technical requirements.
- Respond to prospect’s or customer’s concerns during meetings by articulating clear and concise information on the benefits of Zscaler’s solutions.
- Assist in response generation to RFI/RFPs identify and create answers that provide value and benefits to our prospects.
- Drive and adhere to the Strategic Preparation Process.
- Work with sales teams to promote visibility and opportunities.
- Leverage relationships to accelerate the sales cycle.
- Coordinate and manage high-level technical meetings.
- Ensure the sales force is fully supported and has the necessary resources to be successful.
- Experience for this position is typically gained by 5+ years of success in a similar role working for a vendor or a customer.
- Deep understanding of security and networking technology
- Strong understanding of how to navigate large enterprise organizational structures
- 10+ years of business-to-business sales and business development
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-departmental collaboration on strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on large, complex SaaS solution opportunities
- Experience developing and communicating sales strategy to various stakeholders
- Experience managing executive-level relationships
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills and very engaging interpersonal skills
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or equivalent work experience
- Must be comfortable with a lifestyle in which domestic/international travel is 60+%--often on short notice
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.