Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Solutions Architect, Digital Applications. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons Companies is rapidly expanding in its digital web-based offerings and is in need for a Solution Architect to join the fast growing, consumer facing digital applications space. The right candidate should be able to understand and execute on digital transformation strategies by creating best in class technical solutions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide architecture and design solutions for consumer facing web and mobile applications
• Provide technical leadership in end to end design, development, and testing of digital business solutions
• Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the business on approach and tradeoffs
• Work with developers, architects, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options
• Communicate solution approaches to enterprise architects, project teams and other stakeholders
• Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies like cloud, PaaS, IaaS, IoT, mobile, social, and big data.
• 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field)
• 10+ years hands-on programming experience, building high volume, consumer facing solutions
• 5+ years in technical lead and/or architect role, working with development and business teams to design solutions
• Strong experience building applications on public and private cloud
• Hands on experience with technologies like Adobe AEM (and ecosystem), Angular JS, REST APIs, HTML, CSS, Java, NoSQL DBs, Service Bus, Streaming, Containerization, API Management
• Significant experience with application servers and database technologies
• Significant experience with the full software development lifecycle, Agile development methodologies, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery & Deployment practices
• Significant experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed client/server environment
• Deep knowledge of scalability, security, and maintainability of high-volume Internet applications
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT
• Ability to define solutions from very high-level business ideas
• Ability to describe non-functional requirements
• Ability to work independently
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled