Our growing client is adding another Solutions Architect to their team! Inside their company, a Solutions Architect is responsible for providing architectural guidance to the development teams, business groups, and customers for existing and new products. The Solutions Architect is closely aligned with the business and product management teams in order to understand and anticipate necessary technology and design decisions. The Solutions Architect team reports to the Chief Architect and is responsible for helping define all aspects of the technical architecture and design of strategic products and systems.
- Contribute toward and help maintain the architecture/technology roadmap in alignment with the business/product roadmap.
- Provide input on technical strategy development, strategic investment/budget decisions, and tactical translation of the strategy where new and existing products need to be integrated.
- Partner with project management and business owners to provide technical/architectural evaluations and feasibility assessments for potential new projects.
- Work closely with the Chief Architect, management and the technical leads to target and pursue efforts toward maintaining a technology platform for sustained product development and integration.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, including prototyping and creation of POCs; introduce and train team in new technologies.
- Lead technical activities including technical assessments, architectural designs, code reviews, and other general consulting as needed.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of creating and supporting software systems, including analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, troubleshooting, enhancement and documentation in an Agile environment.
- Act as a roving troubleshooter capable of being applied to mission critical issues that arise. Technical abilities to code/implement key system components.
- Ensure that sufficient and accurate documentation is maintained in order to both satisfy any regulatory requirements and to ensure effective maintainability and extensibility of the product/system.
- Work closely with IT/InfoSec to understand and ensure appropriate security practices are in place, including platform/infrastructure as well as coding standards.
- Communicate and interact with project managers and/or customers and developers from project inception to completion including status reporting and maintenance.
- Drive technical direction and architecture evolution via reviews and on-floor “hands-on” leadership.
- Provides pro-active leadership, sees problems/opportunities and initiates projects as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Provide scheduled and unscheduled off-hour support to ensure proper and efficient operations of all software related production processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, an applicable field or equivalent hands-on work experience.
- Five to Eight years related experience in software development; experience interacting with product development is a plus.
- Expert level knowledge in Microsoft Technology Stack, including C# and SQL.
- Proven experience with database technologies, including RDMS (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL); knowledge of NoSQL and distributed database concepts preferred.
- Solid working knowledge in a plurality of the following areas: SaaS, Web application development, service-based architecture technologies, data analytics, cloud computing.
- Demonstrated ability to translate the language of technology for the business management team and the business requirements for the technical team.
- Ability to solve complex problems applying creativity, innovation, and technical concepts.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc.