Sevatec, Inc. is looking for talented Senior Solutions Architect to provide support on our GSA Contract Acquisition Life-cycle Management (CALM) contract. CALM aims to modernize all of the internal acquisition processes and systems in GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), seeking to improve, streamline, consolidate, simplify and standardize across the numerous programs that account for FAS’ $60B in annual revenue. The candidate is responsible for collaborating with the COTS software provider to design, configure, integrate, and deploy the best business solutions based on a client’s business and functional requirements, recommending the most appropriate technologies, providing a best practices approach to architecting a solution based off the business and functional requirements for a project. The Solution Architect routinely operates in a multi-faceted client environment and must feel comfortable in a highly versatile role and able to operate across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interface with various stakeholders to deploy and integrate technology and business solutions.
- Create business capability definition, modeling, assessment (e.g., value vs. maturity) & business capability roadmap.
- Create business process definition, documentation & alignment across the broader business process environment (e.g., links, handoffs).
- Has ownership of multiple solutions through full lifecycles (idea, execution, maintain), assessing the business value and performance of solutions against capability needs.
- Maintains a deep understanding of agency strategies and execution model within a Business Capability domain and across related domains, documenting key business directional strategies, objectives, and measurements (i.e., what does the agency want to achieve, by when, and what measures are defined to assess success or opportunities).
- Partner with the business to influence the definition business capabilities and is responsible for ongoing maintenance to the definition.
- Partner with business leadership, process, and project team members to define business capability needs, assessment (maturity and value) and align roadmap capability needs across business lines (with timelines to support anticipated business capability needs & strategies).
- Partner with business leadership to lead on program and project business value assessments as part of project ideation, initiation, and assessment (aligned to EPMO processes).
- Influence the definition and design to the business in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling solutions based on business capability needs.
- Assess near-term needs, to establish business priorities; consult with Enterprise Architects & Technical Architects to develop alternative solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business capabilities, processes and priorities.
- Partner with Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects to contribute to the completion of project architecture documentation.
- Partner with Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects to complete Solution Selection analyses to ensure business capability needs are appropriately met.
- Act as a business capability, process and solution consultant to readily assess and recommend improvements to processes, organizational/role alignment (people), and technologies to improve business capability maturity, performance, and value.
- Partner with Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects to ensure business capability and process strategies and goals are aligned to technical roadmaps (e.g., technical roadmaps are aligned to properly support business capability improvements as programs and projects are executed).
- Participate in enterprise architecture development & strategic alignment, including business architecture, technology architecture, information architecture, and feedback supporting technical architecture (platforms, applications); contributes to technical & program / project roadmaps.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of IT or related experience including supporting complex client business capability needs, requirements assessment, and solutions development.
- Extensive experience in business capability definition and business process modeling.
- Experience and strong knowledge of Enterprise-class architecture concepts, definition, and creation.
- Experience defining information architectures that align to business architectures and capabilities.
- Experience with SDLC methodologies used to design and develop software.
- Ability to decompose technical architectures into discrete engineering plans.
- Extensive understanding of enterprise-level cloud platform security and governance controls.
- Good knowledge of cloud network and Services (e.g.: VPC / EC2 / Availability Zones / Scaling / RDS).
- Solid understanding of common infrastructure roles, tools and data flows.
- Knowledge working with both Windows and Linux (RHEL) operating systems.
- Previous Software Development background using tools and frameworks such as EJB, RMI, JMX, JSP, JBoss/WildFly, Solr, JEE/J2EE, Spring, Struts.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL (Sybase, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle) and JPA/ORM technologies (e.g. Hibernate).
- Agile development methodology experience (SAFe, LESS, Extreme, etc.).
- Strong analytic, organization, presentation, customer service and facilitation skills.
- Experience with AI/ML related technologies
- Experience with business process management and workflow software platforms
- Must pass a GSA background check/Public Trust.
Sevatec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.