Sonographer - General / RVT
Medical City Lewisville
PRN (As Needed)
Assist Vascular Surgeon, Radiologist, Cardiologist and other physicians as applicable in performance of quality diagnostic Vascular Sonographic procedures in an accurate and timely manner. Operates ultrasound & Segmental Pressure equipment, prepares patient’s room, equipment, supplies, and medications. Provides patient services using imaging modalities. Maintains safe environment for patients, fellow-workers, and visitors. Supports and helps achieve departmental and hospital goals. Provides service to all age groups. (Infant – Geriatric).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
• Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
• Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
• Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
• Attend staff meetings and in-services.
• Transport patients safely.
• Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
• Prepares room, equipment, medicine and materials as needed for patients.
• Cleans and disinfects ultrasound room and equipment.
• Performs High Level Disinfection (HLD) on T-Vaginal probe.
• Observes proper safety techniques on all exams.
• Ensures room is properly set up for each type of ultrasound procedures.
• Prepares patient for ultrasound exam – explains procedures, transfer patient to table, position patient and assist patient at the end of the procedure.
• Produces and videos hard copy images in accordance with photographic techniques.
• Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and specific films. (Adjust equipment; determines proper contrast, density and desired exposure time; positions patient; and selects proper film size.)
• Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient’s condition.
• Maintains stock supplies (i.e., gel, needles, gloves) and performs general office duties, (i.e. proper charge codes, procedures completed.)
• Inspects and reports ultrasound equipment and rooms and reports any malfunctions within his/her shift.
• Transports patients as necessary.
• As required, takes call.
• Assists the Radiologist, Neurologist and Cardiologist in performance of all diagnostic ultrasound procedures.
• Assists with other duties as assigned by the director, assistant director/supervisor.
• Efficiently operates PACS and Echo/Vascular Workstation-Archive.
• Completes educational activities as assigned.
• Follows proper procedure for infection control.
• Assists physician’s offices, outpatients and hospital associates promptly and courteously.
• Positively identifies the correct patient prior to the performance of Ultrasound procedure utilizing 2 patient identifiers.
• Serves as resource for ACR Accreditation.
• Participates in ICAVL Accreditation activities and adheres to guidelines and requirements as indicated.