The Sonographer I performs studies on outpatients and inpatients within the Sonographer Scope of Practice and according to incumbent's level of expertise/experience. The sonographer applies the principles of assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and modifying patient imaging care as an active, continuous process. Assists with invasive procedures and performs basic vascular exams.
This is an enterprise position. Will be expected, as needed to accept work assignments within the same shift across departments or El Camino Hospital campuses (Mountain View and Los Gatos) or locations within a 15-mile radius.
Schedule requires possible rotation for weekend, holiday and call coverage and may include rotation to other campus. All qualified candidates who meet the minimum job requirements (RDMS in Abdomen (AB) will be considered for this position.
1. Graduate of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
2. Holds minimum AA/AS degree
3. Prior experience in acute care hospital setting preferred
• Current BLS certification
1. Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) in Abdomen (AB) and Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) or registered within b months from date of hire
2. RDMS – Breast (BR) or Pediatric (PS) preferred
3. Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or (RVS) preferred
b. Experience performing abdominal, obstetrical, gynecological, pediatric, small parts and vascular studies.