|Department||MG Imaging and Diagnostics|
|Employment Type||Casual/On Call|
|Hours Per Pay Period||Casual|
|Shift Length||8 & 12 Hours|
|Mandatory Call Requirement||Off Premise Call|
|Mandatory Wknd Requirement||Occasional Weekends|
|Description||SUMMARY: The Sonographer uses sound (sonic) waves to capture images of internal organs and tissues for the diagnosis and treatment of medical problems. The Sonographer utilizes specialized equipment to take readings of the appropriate areas and angles as requested by the physician. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that the diagnostic equipment is properly set up; that proper medical and non-medical supplies are stocked in the examination room; that the examination room is clean and orderly.
2. Evaluates the request for proper examination and validates patient identity against examination orders.
3. Informs the patient on proper examination attire and obtains patient history from patient and/or appropriate family member or guardian.
4. Informs patient of the steps of the examination and responds to questions and concerns.
5. Ensures proper settings are chosen for exam; including positioning and that the patient is properly prepped; appropriate labeling and measurements included as deemed necessary; follows proper protocols.
6. Verifies that the image(s) are matched to the appropriate exam and sent to PACS.
7. Continues to educate by keeping abreast of changes in practice, technology, etc. and keeping up with policy changes.
8. Maintains competency in caring for patients of all age groups and developmental stages, and maintains competency as specifically indicated by orientation guidelines for a particular unit.
9. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
10. Protects patient/employee privacy and only accesses patient/employee related information as needed to perform job duties.
11. Reports areas of concern or potential violations to supervisor or other members of hospital leadership via established methods of communication.
•High School graduate or equivalent required.
•Must have graduated from an accredited Sonography program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
•One+ years prior sonography experience preferred.
•Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
•Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, families, guests, and all levels of employees.
•Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
•Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
•Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
•Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
•Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
•Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
•Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
|License Requirement||CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS |
•Current ARDMS certification required.
•BLS certification required.
|Send This Job to a Friend|