We Are Hiring
Technologist-Sonography - MFM Womens Health - Full-Time, Day - Floater - Medical Park Tower - Austin, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension Seton you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Performs procedural quality assurance. Ensures any individual present within procedure performance area observes safety procedures. Assesses patient and family need for education and assistance specific to Imaging procedure and coordinates service.
- Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted. Assists with staff development, orientation to departmental procedure, training and education.
- Determines need for equipment maintenance and reports malfunctions. Charges examinations, supplies and completes paperwork promptly and properly. Reviews procedural charges and coding, recommending adjustments as protocols change or new procedures are added.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be "on-call."
- Meets requirements outlined in Imaging/CPDX Technologist Ladder Criteria for Level Three placement. Ladder assignment is reviewed annually to determine on-going performance of criteria, with possible reassignment based on available data to support placement.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the
- None required.
- OB/GYN Ultra Sonography experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.